Thursday, September 18, 2008

iPhone

Today I caved in and bought an iPhone.
$70/mnth with Virgin buys me:
  • Free phone
  • $520 calls/mnth @ 80c/min
  • 1Gb data
Firstly, I had to restart the wireless router to connect it to the webernet.

Also... I called Virgin to check if I needed to enable the 3G data stuff, and apparently you do (?), but they didn't actually tell me whether it was already connected or 3G coverage was lame where I am. Mobile coverage here is generally poor anyway, so I thought calling them couldn't hurt. Bottom line: it now works.

The interaction is really nice but, as everyone knows, the keyboard is a tad difficult - we'll see how much I get used to it.

After syncing my Gmail, which is dead easy, I discovered you can only natively sync Outlook Calender (lame!). Thankfully there's NeuvaSync which converts your Gcal to an Exchange format. Ez.

And then there's meebo.com so you can instant message or the AIM application.

Fun fun fun.

No comments: