Sunday, November 16, 2008

Internet TV: The future today

TV & Movies
Anyone who hasn't heard of Hulu should probably be checked for signs of brain damage, obviously caused by the weight of the rock they were living under for the last year or more. Basically, it gives you access to American TV over the Internet without needing to install anything except Flash.

But the problem is that it's only available to if you live in the United States. Or is it...

Proxy servers aren't a new thing, but they're typically a mess to find and configure, and often they've been taken offline before you find them. That's where Hotspot Shield comes in quite handy. And here's a little YouTube video to back me up.


Live Sport
The other thing I like to do is watch live sport. The easiest way I've found is to install SopCast which is a P2P video streaming application. This means that when I want to watch Chelsea smash every other Premier League or Champions League team about, I can.

All I have to do is find a SopCast link for the content, in much the same way that you would look for a BitTorrent link.

The sites I use for football are:

No comments: